Administering COBRA requires expertise and resources that are often in short supply at many companies. Without a solid understanding of program requirements, compliance can be complex and confusing; there are significant penalties for non-compliance.
That's why so many companies turn over administration of their COBRA program to Meritain Health. We offer regulatory compliance administration with COBRA that will:
- Coordinate election activity.
- Acknowledge coverage activity.
- Bill, collect and remit premiums to employer.
- Process returned checks.
- Verify timeliness of payments.
- Verify continued COBRA eligibility.
- Coordinate rate change notification.
- Answer COBRA inquiries on behalf of beneficiaries and employers.
- Maintain statutory documentation.
- Provide monthly reports.
These services are provided by Meritain Health COBRA and employee benefit specialists with expertise in the administration and interpretation of COBRA regulations.
We offer our COBRA administration in two convenient service options:
- Partially integrated COBRA coverage, for employers who offer dental, vision or FSA benefits through Meritain Health
- Fully integrated COBRA coverage, for employers who offer medical, dental, vision or FSA benefits through Meritain Health